IIT JEE mains?
IIT JEE mains is one of the toughest and most admired exam by any engineering aspirant in the country. Every year almost 12 lakhs of students compete in the cut throat competition to secure a seat in one of the top engineering institutes of India. The seats are approximately around 10000.
There are two stages of the exam that are –IIT JEE Main and Advanced. The students who qualify the jee mains are only eligible to appear in the JEE advanced examination. The IIT JEE mains paper is held two times in a year once in January and next in april. The advanced paper is held in May and the paper is prepared by respective IIT’S. the JEE Main paper is conducted and prepared by the national testing agency under the Government of India.
On qualifying this exam a student can get admission in various courses like BTech or BE Planning and BE Architecture. the marks are acceptable almost in every government college of India and many private colleges also consider JEE main marks for admission.
Why NCERT books are important in JEE exams?
The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is a government organisation which prepares and publishes textbooks and learning materials for state educational departments, universities and others. Textbooks by NCERT are prescribed to meet the requirements of the CBSE school syllabus.
Many of the topics in the CBSE syllabus are common with the JEE syllabus. That’s one of the reasons why expert educators and JEE toppers emphasise the use of NCERT textbooks and NCERT solutions to prepare for JEE Main.
For all Needed NCERT Books click here.
JEE Mains Eligibility criteria
- The student should he a student of class 12th or equivalent course.
- Or he must have passed or appearing class 12th in 2019 or 2020.
- There is no age limit for the examination.
- There are maximum only 3 consecutive attempts for all the students.
- The first attempt is considered from the year of appearing class 12th.
- The student should be studying in any government recognised board.
JEE Mains Latest exam pattern
- According to the latest exam pattern now there will be 3 separate papers for BTech, BArch and BPlanning.
- The B.Tech paper will now consist only 75 questions.
- The total marks in the paper will be 300.
- In each section will be 25 questions. Out of which 20 are multiple choice questions and rest 5 questions are numerical value questions.
- There will be no negative marking for the numerical value type questions.
- We have provided the changes in a tabulated manner for easy under standing.
|Option||JEE Main Old Pattern||JEE Main New Pattern|
|Exam Mode||Offline as well as online||Computer Based Test (online)|
|Maximum Marks||360 marks||300 marks|
|Number of questions||90||75|
|Weightage for each section||120 marks||100 marks|
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer – 4 MarksWrong answer – (-1) Marks||Correct Answer- 4 MarksWrong Answer- (-1 for MCQ questions), no negative marking for numerical type questions|
|Examination Duration||3 Hours||3 Hours|
|Question Type||All Multiple Choice Questions only||60 Multiple Choice Questions & 15 Numerical Value Questions|
for preparation books as well as solved previous year papers click here